I ran some miles today using Charity Miles to raise money for the The ALS Association as sponsored by Johnson & Johnson (today). I encourage you to do the same for The ALS Association, or another charity. All you have to do is turn it on, select a charity, create a profile and select walk, run or bike. (Note: I haven’t read the fine print. I don’t know how much actually goes to the charity, but I’m going to be doing these things anyway, so I’m running with it.) Also, use smile.amazon.com. Also, Happy Sunday, enjoy life and God bless.
Here’s the NetSuite SuiteWorld17 Opening Keynote with Jim McGeever. It also features some insights into the acquisition and plan for NetSuite moving forward from Oracle CEO Mark Hurd. As a Certified NetSuite ERP Consultant, I’m excited about continued growth of NetSuite, and what Oracle can provide in fostering that growth. Personally, as in line with everything you see below, I consider it an exciting time to be a part of NetSuite as an employee, partner or customer.
Although, I’ll be honest. I think NetSuite/Oracle really missed a great opportunity to have one of their own PS Consultants rap in the opening.
HR Note: Any NetSuite posts from me are from a completely evangelical perspective and offer no internal insight or IP risk.
It finally went through. Oracle is set to complete the $9.3 billion deal to buy NetSuite. Here we go.
Some other articles about the acquisition:
- WSJ: Oracle Set to Complete $9.3 Billion Deal to Buy NetSuite
- Bloomberg: Oracle Wins Shares Needed to Clinch $9 Billion NetSuite Buy
- Fortune: Oracle Says NetSuite Acquisition Will Close Monday
- Yahoo: Oracle seals $9.3 bn NetSuite acquisition
- Reuters: Oracle says majority of NetSuite holders back acquisition
As a certified NetSuite ERP consultant, here are a couple articles that caught my eye this week:
- TheStreet: Oracle Must Sweeten NetSuite Deal
- The Wall Street Journal: Oracle Profit Rises on Cloud Computing Growth
- MarketWatch: Oracle earnings clouded by NetSuite acquisition uncertainty
- Oracle OpenWorld starts tomorrow.
- Slack.com (not an article, just a great site for team collaboration)
Brian Laesch is the key contributor to BrianLaesch.com. His opinions are his own.
Well, this was interesting to wake up to (especially as a certified NetSuite ERP Consultant, myself)… Oracle is buying NetSuite for $9.3 Billion. This should be interesting.
More about Oracle purchasing NetSuite…